Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Flashback 1

Well for entertainment purposes on this already too serious blog, I'm going to put some samples of my writing from my childhood. These will be the actual way I spelled the words...nothing edited. Some will be from my journal as a kid and others from school assignments my mom has kept over the years. I have to admit, some of them are pretty dang funny. In some cases I will need to translate the things I wrote because I'm fairly positive I'm the only one who can read the majority of what I wrote. My roommate and I went through my journal one time and had a great laugh about my writing and the topics I wrote about. So for your delight, here is one of my early journal entries.

This is my first entry ever. I wrote it when I was eight and first baptized into my church.

"to bay I got batist. Now I am a mebr of the Chrech of Jises Christ of Latdr Day Sints (Now I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). I got to be cfrmed a whole et in mebr of the chrech (I got to be confirmed a whole...member of the church). It is fun being a mebr of the cherch of Jisest Christ. After that I went home. I to got to open my presets and I got two Bible's and a Journal and a thing that I can write about my batism. After that wnet out to eat but now I can right down want (what) I now. I feel like a new person and like I got new born."

I think my favorite thing about this entry is the misspelled words spelled a couple of different ways. What I didn't post is that whenever I wrote "of" I had gone back and corrected it because I originally spelled it "af." Oh...eight year old me was cute.

Well that's it for this entry. More flashbacks to come at a later time.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh and cry at the same time. I'm so happy about where you are now and so sad about the roads you have had to travel.

    ReplyDelete